Once you have submitted your application there is nothing else you need to do — just hang tight!
Just like with traditional job applications you will be contacted directly by the Requester if they are interested in hiring you. Requesters may reach out via in-app messaging prior to offering you a Shift. If you are selected for the Shift you'll be notified through a push notification that you have been offered the Shift and you will be asked to accept or reject the offer.
Please do not show up to gigs without being confirmed as hired, as this does go against our terms and conditions and will result in your removal from the platform.
To improve your chances for being hired for future Shift Gigs, be sure your Worker profile is as complete as possible. If you haven't already, please:
- Upload a professional profile photo.
- We would love to see a headshot with a nice smile and a solid background behind you. Put your best foot forward!
- Tell the hiring manager a little about yourself in the biography section.
- This can be a simple 1-2 sentence overview of your professional experience and qualifications.
- Your bio should include specific skills and areas of expertise, as well as what makes you a great worker.
- Update the education section on your Worker profile.
- Highlight your education, training, and certifications to differentiate yourself from other candidates.
- Include any relevant Work History.
- Your Work History gives hiring managers more background about your prior experience.
- Provide at least two References.
- References give hiring managers the opportunity to validate the quality of work you provide.
- Professional references are recommended, but teachers, coaches, and other peers that can attest to your abilities and work ethic can be added as references too.
Updating your Worker profile and providing detailed answers on the application questionnaire will help you stand out from other applicants.
For an additional resource check out our user guides which outline all of the info you need to know in order to find work with Get Gigs.