GigSmart offers Occupational Accident Insurance to protect you while you are working Shift Gigs.
OCCUPATIONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE (OAI)
GigSmart offers Occupational Accident Insurance (OAI) to eligible GigSmart Shift Gig workers through the On-Demand Independent Contractors Association (ODICA). The Association provides educational resources, unique services and products for independent contractors operating in the gig economy.
OAI provides benefits to eligible GigSmart Shift Gig workers for covered injuries and fatalities that occur while providing on-demand services through the GigSmart Get Gigs app. Some of the benefits provided by the OAI policy include:
- Accidental Death Benefit: up to $10,000
- Survivor’s Benefit: up to $90,000 for eligible dependents
- Accidental Dismemberment Benefit: up to $100,000
- Paralysis Benefit: up to $100,000
- Temporary Total Disability Benefit: up to $500 a week
- Medical Expenses: up to $1,000,000 with no deductible or copay
To learn more about GigSmart’s OAI coverage, please contact your GigSmart Account Executive.
Note: OAI coverage is only available to GigSmart workers completing Shift Gigs. Project Gigs and workers who submit applications through the GigSmart Job Board are not covered.