If you get into a car accident during your Shift Gig, please first determine if immediate medical attention or police assistance is needed. If so, contact 911 right away.
Here’s what you might want to do next:
- Locate the insurance information for the vehicle
- Exchange the vehicle owner’s insurance information and contact information with the other driver
- Take extensive photos of all vehicles, damage, and the location of the accident
- Submit the date, time, and street address of the accident, the other driver’s insurance details and contact information, photos, and a summary of any damage to the primary insurance carrier for the vehicle
- Await medical or police assistance, where needed
Operating a Personally-owned Vehicle
GigSmart does not offer vehicle insurance coverage to workers. Please contact your vehicle insurance carrier and/or local body shop for further assistance.
Operating a Vehicle Owned by a Requester
GigSmart does not offer vehicle insurance coverage for vehicles owned by requesters.
Please locate the requester’s vehicle insurance information inside the vehicle. Contact the requester as soon as possible, to provide the details of the accident and photos of any damage. Together, determine if the vehicle needs to be provided back to the requester or to a local body shop for repairs.
What to Do Next
Please also notify our team within 24 hours of the accident.
A Support agent will send you Occupational Accident Insurance information and ensure that your rating and pay are finalized for your Gig.
In the following weeks, an insurance adjuster may contact you to obtain additional details about the accident, in order to reach a coverage decision.